GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
No 23885/F Date 20.07.2018
Shri T. K. Pandey, IAS
Additional Chief Secretary to Government.
The Additional Chief Secretaries to Government/
The Principal Secretaries to Government/
The Commissioner-cum-Secretaries to Government/
The Secretaries to Government/
All Heads of Department.
Sub: Submission of pension application through online facility of IFMS Odisha.
Ref: F.D. O.M. No. 32888/F dated 13.11.2017.
In inviting a reference to the subject cited above, I am directed to say that the online facility for submission and processing of pension application through the IFMS Odisha Portal has been in use on a test basis since long. The facility was formally launched by the Hon’ble Chief Minister on 19th November, 2017. Till date more than 662 no. of applications for sanction of pension has been received through this facility, out of which, around 135 applications have been processed by the Head of Offices using the above facility for onward transmission to the Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSA). More than 69 pension applications have been forwarded by the PSAs to the office of the Accountant General (A&E), Odisha. A large number of users have been created in IFMS by various Head of Offices and PSAs to use the facility for online processing of pension applications.
2. As the new facility seems to have gained stability and maturity in terms of its use and operational process, it has been decided to make it mandatory for all the Head of Offices and PSAs to process the pension applications online in IFMS Odisha w.e.f. 1st August, 2018. However, the retiring/retired Government employees can submit the pension application either online or offline as per their convenience. The retired/retiring Government employees who have submitted online application also need to submit the hardcopy of the applications as per the procedure defined in the Finance Department O.M. No. 32888/F dated 13.11.2017. The applicant who is not able to submit online application, shall submit the application in the prescribed forms along with the relevant documents directly to the Head of Office who shall initiate the process in “Pension Application Form” in the Pension Portal of IFMS on behalf of the retiring/retired employee. Further, applications for sanction of pension pending as on 1st August, 2018 at the level of Head of Office/PSA need not be mandatorily processed through the online facility of IFMS.
3. After receipt of the hardcopy, the authorized officials of the Head of Office/PSA will process the pension application in the IFMS Portal as per the aforesaid Office Memorandum.
4. As a pre-requisite to use the online pension application processing in IFMS, all Head of Offices / PSAs have to create users with defined role to process the pension applications. The request for creation of users should be submitted to the Treasury to which the DDO of the establishment is attached as per the format enclosed in the Annexure of the aforesaid Office Memorandum. The PSAs should intimate the Head of Offices under their control about the user detail to whom the pension application should be forwarded from the field offices.
5. Training has already been provided to all the Head of Offices/ PSAs by the Directorate of Treasuries & Inspection and the District and Special Treasuries. In order to avoid any delay in processing of pension applications, all Treasuries have been instructed to conduct refresher Training -cum-Sensitization programme for the Head of Offices/PSAs to use online pension module. Handholding support will be available at the Treasury level to sort out any difficulties faced by the users (pensioner, Head of Office, PSA).
6. In order to ensure timely processing of pension application, a list of future retirees has been prepared. The Directorate of Treasuries will provide selectively targeted support and help to the offices from where the Government employees are likely to retire in the coming 6 months.
You are, therefore, requested to instruct all concerned under your administrative control to ensure online submission and processing of pension application of Government employees from 1st August, 2018.
Additional Chief Secretary to Government