GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
No 33104 Dated 15.10.2018
Sub : Sanction of Dearness Allowance @ 2% enhancing the existing rate from 7% to 9% with effect from 01.07.2018 in favour of State Government Employees drawing pay in Revised Scales of Pay, 2017.
Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure in their Office Memorandum No. 1/2/2018-E-II(B), dated 07.09.2018 have enhanced Dearness Allowance payable to the Central Government Employees from existing 7% to 9% with effect from 01.07.2018.
2. Now, considering the overall financial resources and fiscal target stipulated under Odisha Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2005, the State Government have been pleased to release additional dose of D.A. @ 2% enhancing the same from the existing rate of 7% to 9% on the Basic pay with effect from 01.07.2018 in case of State Government Employees, covered under the ORSP Rules, 2017.
3. This additional dose of D.A. @2% on the Basic pay with effect from 01.07.2018 and manner of payment to the State – Government employees as above is also applicable to the following category of employees covered under ORSP Rules, 2017.
> All India Service Officers serving in the affairs of the State Government for which GA & PG Department will issue Orders separately.
> Work-Charged Employees drawing in regular scales of pay under the ORSP Rules, 2017.
> Teaching & Non-Teaching staff of fully Aided Non-Government educational institutions those are covered under ORSP Rules, 2017.
4. D.A. in accordance with this Memorandum will also be admissible to the State Government employees who were in service on 01.07.2018, but have ceased to be in service at the time of sanction of D.A. as per the revised scale of pay.
5. The Additional dose of D.A. will be paid in cash and can be drawn in the Pay Bill of October, 2018 payable in the month of November, 2018 and onwards. Arrear from the month of July, 2018 to September, 2018 on account of the enhanced D.A. shall not be drawn before the date of disbursement of salary of October, 2018.
6. The bill for drawal of D.A. as per revised scales of pay will be submitted to all Treasuries / Special Treasuries / Sub-Treasuries along with the pay bill for the month of October, 2018 and
7. The term of “Basic Pay” in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed level in the Pay Matrix but does not include any other type of pay like Special Pay.
8. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
9. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance from July, 2018 to September, 2018 on account of enhanced D.A. will be drawn and disbursed latest by 31.03.2019.
By orders of the Governor,
Special Secretary to Government
Download PDF : Sanction of Dearness Allowance @ 2% enhancing the existing rate from 7% to 9% with effect from 01.07.2018 in favour of State Government Employees drawing pay in Revised Scales of Pay, 2017.