Pathani Samanta Mathematics Talent Scholarship Scheme.
Objectives: To identify meritorious students from the Govt. schools and Govt. Aided Schools in the State for nurturing their talent in mathematics.
Three components of the Scheme:
(i) Identification of the students through conduct of examination.
(ii) Promotion of selected students through provision of scholarship and guidance.
(iii) Up-gradation of the skill of our school teachers in mathematics.
Basic Features :
Target – Students from Class-VI to XII of Govt. /Govt. Aided Schools of 314 Blocks and 103 ULBs.
Selection Process – Talent Search Examination
Duration of the Scheme :
- > Stage-I (7 years) Class-VI to VIII
- > Stage-II (4 years) Class-IX to XII
- > Stage-III (2 years) Class-XI to XII
SELECTION AND DISTRIBUTION
Stage – I
|4000*||Students of Class-VI||Rs.200/- P.M. for 7 years (from Class-VI-XII)||Continuance of the Scholarship in the following year depends on securing 60% scores in aggregate in final examination in the previous year.|
*4000 scholarships @ Rs.200/- for students of Class-VI of Govt. and Govt. Aided Schools of 314 Blocks and 103 ULBs of the State.
|314 Blocks @ 10 per Block – 3140
63 Municipalities @ 10 nos. – 630
37 NACs @ 5 nos. – 185
03 Municipal Corporation @ 15 nos.-_____________ 45
Total Scholarship – 4000
1000 Scholarships for students of Class-IX @ Rs.300/- P.M.
300 Scholarships for students of Class-XI @ Rs.500/- P.M. These students will be top 300 scores in mathematics in HSC Examination conducted by BSE, Odisha.
Scholarship amount will be deposited in the accounts of the students electronically every six months. H.M. and D.I./DEO will be inform to this transfer for communication to the students.
Administration and management of Scholarships:
1. Selection test for Stage-I & II will be conducted during October/November and Result will be published in December. The test will be conducted at Block Level and ULB level.
2. The test will be conducted by IMA in collaboration with S&ME Department.
3. Routing of funds through personnel Bank Account of Scholarship holder. Scholarship will be transferred Electronically.
4. All related activities will be monitored by IMA and S&ME Department through few Nodal centers.
5. Nodal Officers :
Stage – I – D.Is. of Schools
Stage-II – District Education Officers
Stage-III – Jt. Secretary, HE Department dealing with +2.
However Science Supervisor of DEO offices will be overall in-charge at the District Level while Director, Secondary Education will be co-ordinate the Scheme at the State Level.
Faculty Training :
710 Teachers will be trained at IMA in the discipline of Mathematics in the following manner.
Teachers to be trained
|No. of Batches||No. of days of Training for one batch||Total no. of Days.|
Special Input Session :
• Special input session for scholarship holders will be held in the following manner :
Durga puja 6 days
Winter break 9 days
Summer Holidays 30 days
Total 45 Days
• Inputs will be provided by trained teachers at 157 locations for Rural areas and 53 location for Urban area
Download PDF : Pathani Samanta Mathematics Talent Scholarship scheme