THE BIJU PATNAIK UNIVERSITY OF
TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2002
( ORISSA ACT 9 OF 2002 )
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Short title and extent.
3. The University.
5. Powers and functions of University.
6. University open to all classes, castes and creeds.
THE CHANCELLOR AND OFFICERS OF THE UNIVERSITY
7. The Chancellor.
8. Officers of the University.
9. The Vice-Chancellor.
10. Powers and duties of Vice-Chancellor.
11. The Registrar.
12. Finance Officer.
13. Director, Curriculum Development, Director, Examination and the other officers.
14. Appointment of first officers.
15. Appointments to be notified
AUTHORITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY
16. Authorities of the University.
18. Powers and functions of Board.
19. Academic Council.
20. Powers and functions of Academic Council.
22. Board of Studies.
23. Finance Committee.
24. Constitution of Selection Committees.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS
25. University Fund.
26. Power to borrow.
27. Financial estimates.
28. Accounts and Audit.
29. Annual report.
STATUTES, REGULATIONS AND RULES
31. Procedure for making statutes.
FILLING UP VACANCIES, REMOVAL, ETC. OF MEMBERS OF THE AUTHORITIES AND BODIES OF THE UNIVERSITY
34. Vacancy not to invalidate the proceedings etc. of authorities.
35. Filling up casual vacancies.
36. Resignation and removal of members.
TRANSFER OF COLLEGES, INSTITUTIONS, EMPLOYEES AND PROPERTY THEREOF AND AFFILIATION, ETC.
37. Transfer of constituent colleges or institutions of other Universities.
38. Transfer of services of certain employees.
39. Transfer of affiliation of existing institutions.
40. Exclusion of jurisdiction of other Universities.
41. Special provisions for students.
42. Protection of acts and orders.
43. Question regarding interpretation and dispute regarding constitution of authority or body.
44. Registrar to forward copies of proceedings to Government.
45. Powers of Government to cause inspection of University.
46. Appointment of Commission.
47. Pension, insurance and provident fund.
48. Cessation of membership.
49. Transitory provisions.
51. Removal of doubt or difficulty.
The 14th June, 2002
No. 8541-Legis—The following Act of the Orissa Legislative Assembly having been assented to by the Governor on the 5th June, 2002 is hereby published for general information.
ORISSA ACT 9 OF 2002
THE BIJU PATNAIK UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY ACT 2002
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT AND INCORPORATION OF A TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY IN THE STATE OF ORISSA AND FOR MATTERS CONNECTED THEREWITH OR INCIDENTAL THERETO.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Orissa,1 in the Fifty-third Year or the*; Republic of India as follows : —
(1) This Act may be called the Biju Patnaik University of Technology Act,2002.
(2) Ir extends to the whole of the State of Orissa.
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) “Academic Council” means.’the Academic Council of the University;
(b) “affiliated institution” means a College or an institution affiliated to tit University and includes a College or an institution deemed to be a-
affiliated College or institution under this Act ;
(c) “Board” means the Board’of Management of the University;
(d) “Board of Studies” means the Board of Studies of’the University;
(e) “Chancellor” means the Chancellor of the University ;
(f) “College” means an institution admitted to the University in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, and includes a College managed by the University ;
(g) “Constituent College” means a College established, managed, maintained and controlled by the University, and includes a College or a Department transferred from any other University to the management, maintenance and control of the University ;